Raw partition database backup

From: mike sullivan <sullivan_at_sytex.com>
Date: Tue, 4 May 1993 14:50:49 GMT

Im getting ready to set up Oracle 6.0.36 on Interactive Unix 3.0 and have a question on exactly how to backup a raw partion. I've heard that it's hard to do, and not so bad. I've got a Colorado Memory DJ-20 250MB tape backup that I'm going to use. I've read that the "dd" command is the one to use. What options do I use with it, and if anyone can give me a sample of its usage, I'd be very appreciative.

---
sullivan_at_sytex.com (mike sullivan)
Access <=> Internet BBS, a public access internet site
Sytex Communications, Arlington VA, 1-703-528-4380
 -- Internet Access for the rest of us...