Re: Q: DOS, Oracle, and xmmcrm()

From: David Criswell <dcriswel_at_oracle.uucp>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 1993 01:52:44 GMT

In article <1pf3ghINN57v_at_uwm.edu> dbm_at_csd4.csd.uwm.edu (Dennis B Meilicke) writes:
>I have a DOS program which access an Oracle database (through OCI
>calls, if that matters). In order to access the video memory
>dirrectly, it calls xmmcrm(), a function that the Oracle install
>program adds to the Microsoft C libraries. From context, I can tell
>that xmmcrm() is mapping a real mode address to a protected mode
>address.
>
>My problem is that I have no documentation on xmmcrm(). I can tell
>that the first arguement to xmmcrm() is the real mode address, but
>what is the second arguement? I've inherited this code, which is of
>course uncommented, and the author is no longer available. Does
>anyone have any insight?
>
>Thanks...
>
>Dennis
>dbm_at_csd4.csd.uwm.edu

The book that documents this is entitled "Pro*C for MSDOS Application Notes" I've only got version 1.2 here - Part number is 5385-V1.2. The 1.3 doc is much better, unfortunately, I've loaned my copy out so I don't have a part number. There's a disk full of examples with this - and you'll need them.

The second parameter to xmmcrm() is an int specifying the size of the shared memory region.

BTW, I am quite impressed that you've gotten as far as you have without it. Received on Fri Apr 02 1993 - 03:52:44 CEST

Original text of this message