Database Locks with increasing processes

From: Rob Hale <psn5rmh_at_fantom.agchem.redwater.iol.ca>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 1993 00:16:08 GMT

We have just upgraded a large database on a UNIX box from Oracle 6.0.33.5.1 to Oracle 6.0.36.5.1 and are now experiencing problems with table level locking. As the number of users and processes grow on the system more user receive the message "Unable to reserve record for update or delete" Eventually, the only method of clearing the database locks is to shut down the database and restart it. Obviously, this does not make for a happy user group. Users receive this message when running forms built using SQL*Forms 3.0.All forms are called by SQL*Menu.

We are running TPO and we do not use the LOCK TABLE command from any of the forms. If anyone has ideas regarding a solution to this problem could they please e-mail me. If there is enough interest I will post a reply.

Thanks,

        Rob Hale.
psn5rmh_at_bigbrd.agchem.redwater.iol.ca Received on Fri Apr 02 1993 - 02:16:08 CEST

Original text of this message