Re: CASE Tools for Oracle7 on Vax/VMS

From: Grant Johnson <445362_at_llnl.gov>
Date: 29 Mar 1993 22:08:32 GMT

In article J90_at_netcom.com, jbennett_at_netcom.com (Joseph Bennett) writes:
>I thought that I would let everyone know that, according to Oracle's own
>On-Line Support, all of the CASE tools (Designer, Dictionary, and both
>Generator tools) are available for Oracle7, on the VAX/VMS platform. My
>site has been waiting for this...........
>
>--
>* Joseph Bennett, I can be reached at jbennett_at_netcom.COM *
>* Netcom - Online Communication Services San Jose, CA *
>* *
>* "I have a fear of letting my mind wander, I'm afraid it won't come back" *
>* "I don't do drugs, I don't have the time." *

Thats interesting, we have heard all kinds of things about CASE and Oracle 7.

We run on Sun and from what I understand, the only change (in our lifetime) to CASE is an upgrade called Dictionary 5.1. What I'm not sure about is exactly what is supposed to be included in the 5.1 release. Has anyone heard?

Also, does anyone know what the long-term plans are for support of triggers/procedures. The problem we're having is finding a coherent way to document these things and their inter-relationships. Any ideas?

---

Grant Johnson                                 Internet: grantj_at_llnl.gov
Lawrence Livermore National Lab	           PacBell Net: (510) 423-0406