Extended ASCII

From: mike sullivan <sullivan_at_sytex.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 93 15:09:05 EST

I am using Oracle 6.0.34 and Forms 3.0 on Interactive Unix 3.0 and have a question about getting Oracle to send extended ASCII characters to dial-in users (using Procomm plus on a PC and ANSI emulation). I went into Oraterm 1.0.10 (for the ansi.r resource) to the Device Display and looked at the Box Characters spread table to load some hex or octal values for the horizontal line character (instead of the capital D), but it wont take.

What can I do to get Oracle to send a Hex C4 (the horizontal line character) instead of Hex 44 (for "D") to make my boxes look pretty? Any hints?

I successfully echoed C4H to the terminal (via echo '\0304' >ttyd1) so I know procomm can display the character.

---
 * SLMR 2.0 * Ivo Andric - Yugoslavia's First Nobel Laureate