Re: Problem in installing raw device for oracle

From: Hari Seldon psychohistorian <bill_at_chaos.cs.umn.edu>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1993 21:54:39 GMT

In <zhou.732297434_at_carioca> zhou_at_igd.fhg.de (Zhou Jian) writes:

>Dear netters,

>It is said that using raw device can speed up oracle access
>to the database, so I formatted a patition on a disk as raw device and

well. i'm on aix 3.1.6 and i'm upgrading to 3.2.3 (with a coresponding upgrade to 6.0.36 of oracle)
the old system someone had built as striped raw partitions. a rpita to maitain, backup, restore, etc. after a couple of months of tracking down the port group, i found that it bought the original creators nothing and me a lot of greif.
try it.

test it.
test it.
test it.
toss it.

 use os files
 smile and be happy.

imho

bill pociengel

--
llbi locgeenpi " i'm a little confused right now"
for those who pay attention. i'm now configuring my new site and