Help - Full export to flat file..!

From: Jim Beutel <beutel_at_chdasic.sps.mot.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1993 21:17:29 GMT

Help is an understatement. We currently have a need to dump the entire database for input into another application. New project is DDTS on the workstation. Needless to say Export / Import will not work. Currently executing daily full export. Total dumped file is only 17000 blocks. Not very big really.

Our Oracle DBA has recently and untimely taken a medical leave.

My question is basically:
  Can the exported file be converted into a usable flat ascii file   somehow..? Maybe using the dcl convert command.

Dont know enough SQL plus to write a script in short order. Anyone else out there ever have a need to dump the data base?

Thanks in advance

---

Jim Beutel Motorola SPS ASIC beutel_at_chdasic.sps.mot.com 1300 N. Alma School Rd Computer Operations M/S CH290 AZ50 office: (602) 821-4967 Chandler, Arizona 85224 telefax: (602) 821-4963
The Surgeon General has determined that Skydiving is Extremely addicting.