Re: Oracle to Excel? How?

From: Shiraz Kanga <skanga_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 1993 23:25:49 GMT

In article <dtb.730518319_at_otto> dtb_at_otto.bf.rmit.oz.au writes:
>I know Excel comes with Q&E that can hit Oracle tables.
>Does anyone know how to get the data from there into an Excel
>spreadsheet ? Preferaly using Excel macros? Or can I get
>the data straight into excel from SQL*Net ?

I saw a lot of replies to this but none of them suggested the easiest method which IMHO is to use Oracle's DDE Manager. DDE manager allows any DDE compliant windows app to talk directly to the RDBMS. The product even comes with samples for excel macros talking to ORACLE - exactly what was requested.

Just my (obviously biased) opinion

Shiraz

--
Shiraz Kanga (skanga_at_oracle.com) Tel: (415)506-5412 Fax: (415)506-7822
Analyst -- Desktop Tools Group -- Worldwide Technical Support -- 3OP11