PIC images stored in Oracle; access using HyperCard.

From: Marc Zwillinger <marc.zwillinger_at_sonoma.edu>
Date: 24 Feb 93 15:44:13 PST

I would like to use HyperCard to store and retrieve graphical images (preferably PIC format) in Oracle. I have done some research into this, but have yet to find a straight-forward approach. OracleCard does this easily, but has a PaintObject (instead of a Field or Button) which is simply 'selected into'. i.e.

EXECSQL -
"SELECT IMAGE_COL " -
"FROM IMAGE_TAB " -
"INTO CARD PAINTOBJECT IMAGE_FIELD"
When retrieving raw data from Oracle into HyperCard it ends up in ASCII format. I have resorted to 'trying' to write a C XCMD that will do direct I/O with Oracle to Retrieve from and Update to Tables. I ended up getting a bit too deep into Mac resources...I am not a Mac/C programmer. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Received on Thu Feb 25 1993 - 00:44:13 CET

Original text of this message