re: Support for Front Ends (was: FLAME Re: What about the Oracle vs Sybase Ads?)

From: Dave Laudicina <dil.admin_at_mhs.unc.edu>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1993 14:14:31 GMT

>Note please that Oracle and Sybase/Microsoft have, between them, far
>more tools than anybody *else*, so if you're keen on having a zillion
>front end tools from which to choose, these RDBMSs are good candidates.
>
> -Tom

Who cares how many any of them have. The question to me is can I build a transaction based application witha a particular database with all the backup and administration needed for a production app db and is the development environment graphic based. There are many products out there that do this Oracle and Sybase are two excellent DB choices next year the others will leapfrog. There are also many environments that interface to these products that are graphic. Every ones needs are
different one product may fit better than the other, next year the other might fit better with there "new release". I just get sick and tired with the back stabbing and whining about mines better than yours. Openness means they all should be working together to integrate not to keep this proprietary mentality about "my" products. All the venders seem to be guilty of this.
Thx Dave L Received on Wed Feb 24 1993 - 15:14:31 CET

Original text of this message