Re: SQL*Forms V3 bug

From: Brett E. Bowman <rz80874_at_mcvax0.nohost.nodomain>
Date: 12 Feb 93 14:37:40 EST

We also have a very large system which was designed with the old behavior for the four digit date field. (In the user training, users were told to enter four digit years, but since the "shortcut" worked, some people use it. Unfortunately, in our business, have the system even allow something this unexpected is not acceptable.)

When we talked with Oracle support about it, they told us that this was definitely the new way that it was going to be done (i.e. it's NOT a bug).

We are now evaluating fixing a few hundred of our forms that deal with dates to somehow "validate" input. Hence, our upgrade of SQL*Forms has been put off indefinitely.

Brett E. Bowman					BBowman_at_Lilly.Com
Eli Lilly & Company, Indianapolis, IN		317-276-9852