Re: Pro*C and Oracle 6

From: Olli Mikkonen <omikko_at_cs.joensuu.fi>
Date: 11 Feb 93 10:57:53 GMT

craiga_at_spock.dis.cccd.edu (Craig Armstrong) writes:

>I have a problem that is driving me nuts. I've built a SQL INSERT command
>in a local variable (this is a C program) and try to execute it with
>EXEC SQL EXECUTE IMMEDIATE :buf. It always come back with invalid statement.
>I've checked all the obvious and still no luck. The command is proper in
>syntax and should work. The command is over 255 bytes, though. I'm afraid
>to ask, but is this a problem with Pro*C and if so, any work arounds??

I suppose buf is defined as
char buf[n];
where n is large enough. There is a bug in Pro*C. Oracle can't always detect end of the string when it is defined as above. Easiest workaround is to define buf as VARCHAR and use it accordingly.

I have reported this to Oracle Finland tech support.

--
Olli Mikkonen 			/ omikko_at_cs.joensuu.fi
Ehdotonta totuutta ei ole. 	/ There is no absolute truth.