SQL*Rep: can you put quotes around parameters in query?

From: Denis Terberg 243-5459 <terbergd_at_cuug.ab.ca>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1993 23:44:29 GMT

I have a char variable in SQL*Rep that typically contains numbers and slashes. When I try to run a query that has one of these variables from SQL*Rep, it seems to get interpreted as an arithmetic expression. If I put it in quotes the variable name gets passed without translation. How can I get the quotes to ORACLE, and still have SQL*Rep do the variable substitution?

I don't want to include quotes in the value of the variable itself.
(BTW, I am running this in DOS, if it makes a difference) Any advice?

* Denis W. Ter Berg (403) 243-5459 *
* terbergd_at_cuug.ab.ca *