Survey to help prepare FAQ

From: David Bath <dtb_at_otto>
Date: 27 Jan 93 03:56:28 GMT

Hi Folks,
As part of the preparation of the Oracle FAQ (not including the excellent DBA FAQ already regularly posted), I am trying to get some idea of what you are all using out there. To this purpose, I enclose a survey form (just fill it in using the reply command of your mailer) and get it back to me.

At the moment, this is fairly free-form, so don't worry if you want to break the format in the reply.

If you see a glaring omission, let me know.

I will post a summary.

Regards,
David

Servers

        If relevant, clone this section for each server

	Which Version of Oracle:	______________
	Transaction Processing Option:	______________
	Host Machine:			___________________________
	Operating System:		___________________________

Network Protocols

	What network protocols are being used ?
		TCP/IP
		Novell Netware
		MS Lan Manager
		etc

Workstations

	What do your users bash away at ?
	Terminals
	Unix Workstations
	DOS Workstations
	MS-Windows Workstations
	OS/2 Workstations
	Macintosh Workstations

Program Development Tools

	What do programmers use to develop applications.  Include
	versions.  You might like to include an indication of which
	products are most used.

	SQL*Plus
	SQL*Forms
	SQL*ReportWriter
	SQL*Loader
	SQL*Menu
	SQL*Net
	RPT/RPF
	Pro*C
	Pro*Cobol
	Pro*Fortran
	Pro****(other)
	OCI
	Oracle*Glue
		(include linked products such as Visual Basic)

	Oraperl
	Other API

	Other 3rd Party Access

User Access Tools

	What do users "see" when accessing Oracle data ?
	You might like to include an indication of their importance.
	SQL*Plus
	SQL*Forms
	SQL*ReportWriter
	SQL*Menu

	Excel
	Q&E
	MS-Access
	123
	Other third party access

What other databases are integrated with Oracle

			Integrated	Not Yet Integrated
	DB2
	Sybase
	Ingres
	dBASE
	other

Product Reviews

	Product:
	Version:
	What you use it for:
	How satisfied are you with this product:

Applications:

	What sort of information are you storing in Oracle?
	What is the total volume (in Mbyte or Gbyte) of your databases?
	How many tables are involved in the database?
	How many users access the database?
	How many Oracle user-ids in the database?
	Do you use OPS$logins?

SIG's

        Are you a member of any Oracle User Groups ?

David T. Bath             | Email:dtb_at_otto.bf.rmit.oz.au (131.170.40.10)
Senior Tech Consultant    | Phone: +61 3 347-7511 TZ=AEST-10AEDST-11
Global Technology Group   | 179 Grattan St, Carlton, Vic, 3153, AUSTRALIA
"The robber of your free will does not exist" - Epictetus