Re: Pro*c and SVR4

From: jhs <jhs_at_n8ppd001.nt.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1993 12:35:54 GMT

|>We were looking for a precompiler option but there doesn't seem to be one
|>that would resolve this problem. Does anyone out there have any simplier
|>ideas on how to solve this?
|>
|>We are using oracle version V6.0.33.1.2 and oracle precompiler
|>version 1.3.18.1.2

Unfortunately there is no option to fix the unsigned char problem.

We are using the version 1.4 and 1.5 precompilers. They correct several other deficiencies, but they still have the same type 'error'. The problem is even worse when you try to embed SQL in C++. The type mismatch with standard string functions cause a lot of problems.

Some people run a filter on the output of pcc/proc before running cc to clean up the varchar declarations.

john Received on Tue Jan 26 1993 - 13:35:54 CET

Original text of this message