Re: ORACLE/SAS Interface

From: Phil Scarr <prs9k_at_brain.med.virginia.edu>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1993 04:16:17 GMT

In article <1993Jan21.215151.21021_at_worldbank.org> Mark Esswein <messwein_at_nimbus.worldbank.org> writes:
>Does anyone know of a product ( other than OS**T/ST**O, ) for moving
>files between SAS
>and Oracle? We have users who do a lot of statistical analysis in SAS
>using data that
>we keep in an Oracle database. Candidate products must easily shift data
>both ways.
>
>Mark Esswein - messwein_at_nimbus.worldbank.org
>---------
>The opinions expressed herein are entirely my own and not to be confused
>with those of my employer...

SAS/Access from the SAS Institute allows SAS users to read from and write to Oracle tables, create SAS datasets directly and do some sophisticated stuff with Oracle tables. It's one of the big selling points in Oracle's favor for our site (we're comparing Oracle, Ingress and HP/Allbase).

        -Phil

--
PHIL SCARR        \      We are Microsoft...     /          (o) 804.243.0229
 University of    /     OS/2 is irrelevant.      \          (f) 804.243.0290