Re: Display only blocks in SQL*Forms

From: <dlm_at_hermes.dlogics.com>
Date: 15 Jan 93 19:20:43 CST

mjw_at_mailbox.eng.ufl.edu (Mike Wohlgemuth) writes:
> I need to create a form in which the user enters information
> to be used in a query, and the query results show up in a
> seperate block in the form. The form should allow them to
> enter the block and navigate through the results, but not
> allow them to edit the values in the results. I have RTFMed
> and cannot see any way to make all the fields in a block
> display only and still be able to enter the block. Am I
> missing something obvious?

1. disallow movement out of the information block via key-nxtblk or

   key-prvblk; move instead when they hit key-exeqry. 2. make the fields in the results block enterable but not updatable.

   this allows the cursor to settle in the block, but disallows changes. 3. make the results-block key fields have enforcement from the info-block

   fields; those values will transfer automatically on key-exeqry. 4. the key-exeqry in the info block needs to go to the results block

   and execute_query.

--
Dave Mausner, Senior Consultant / Datalogics Inc / Chicago IL / 312-266-4450
dlm_at_dlogics.com                                 Motto: Just show me the code