Re: How to keep version number inside *.frm ?

From: Stephen Schow <sjs_at_netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 1993 19:00:21 GMT

I use RCS also. You can simply put the RCS string in the form comment field or in the inp file as a variable assignment. I had not thought of putting it in the TITLE field. This would possibly have the effect of putting a cryptic looking title just below the menu bar when you run the form in popup mode or one of the GUI platforms.

I put $Revision$ and $Source$ in the comment field of the form and then I also use a header block which include several display only fields, such as UserID, Date, Version, etc...

By assiging a global variable the RCS string, and then running a PL/SQL procedure that extracts just the wanted portion of that RCS string and putting that into the header block display only field. What you end up with is a nice little "Version X.XX" at the top of the screen.

I'm not really sure how it looks in the frm file. WHen you check the inp file in and out of RCS, it updates the RCS strings and then you must generate that inp file to create and frm file. I suppose it is possible that it retains the string format enough that you could use the equivlent of 'what' on the frm. (RCS doesn't use 'what', it uses something else that I can't remember its name right now).

Hope this helped

Steve Schow | But you don't have to use the claw, if you sjs_at_netcom.com | pick the pear with the big paw paw...... (415) 354-4908 | Have I given you a clue......? | - Baloo the Bear