PL/SQL and FORMS30 questions

From: Paul H. Anderson <pha_at_citi.umich.edu>
Date: 7 Jan 1993 21:33:39 GMT

Howdy,

I have several problems with sqlforms30 that are really hanging me up:

  1. setting the date in a displayed, but non-enterable field.

   I have a pre-record trigger that is attempting to automatically    store the date of entry into a base table field. If I convert the    date, and store it in some other enterable field (e.g. a character    comment field), etc, it shows up. (hence the trigger is working like I want).    Likewise, if I set the field to be enterable, I can have it's value    appear there (override any default value).    However, when I do the fairly obvious, which is to set a displayed,    but non-enterable date field equal to sysdate, nothing shows up.    How can I do this?

2) getting a unique sequence number into a pl/sql local variable.

   I need to use a trigger to call a host program with a unique    number. To do this, I need to get the unique number into a    local pl/sql variable. I can use insert into <record> values (seq.nextval)    to put it into the record, but I don't know how to get the record    back out (since there are multiple forms users). Apparently, the    implementation context of the sequence makes it difficult for a    trigger to get the value. Any clues?

Thanks greatly for any advice!

Paul Anderson
pha_at_umich.edu Received on Thu Jan 07 1993 - 22:33:39 CET

Original text of this message