Re: ? How do I declare a structure into which to fetch records?

From: <rhari_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 1992 17:06:29 GMT

In article <1992Dec30.054617.3077_at_kodak.kodak.com>, deal_at_tempus.Kodak.Com (Stephen M. Deal) writes:

> I don't have my manuals with me (I'm at home) and I am trying to get
> some embedded SQL C code (a.k.a. Pro*C) to precompile. I am not sure
> that the manuals would answer this one anyway so I have turned to the
> net for help.
>
> I have declared a structure into which a record should be retrieved:
>
> EXEC SQL BEGIN DECLARE SECTION;
> struct emprec_ {
> char name[35];
> char dept_name[41];
> char phone[16];
> } query_results; /* Results of query placed here */
> EXEC SQL END DECLARE SECTION;

Pro*C 1.3, 1.4 and 1.5 do not support structures as host language variables. Pro*C 2.0 (to be release for ORACELE7) supports structures, pointers to structs, etc etc and also the long standing preprocessing feature.

Radhakrishna Hari
rhari_at_us.oracle.com Received on Thu Dec 31 1992 - 18:06:29 CET

Original text of this message