Re: Question using BETWEEN/AND cond with NEXT_DAY/DAY math

From: craig sivils <casivils_at_lescsse.jsc.nasa.gov>
Date: 22 Dec 92 14:48:26 GMT

(the mm in the date should be mon, but I assume this was a typo in the post)
It does not work on my machine either, looks like a bug. A workaround would be to convert the date into char in the format of yymmdd so that a char sort would provide the correct order. The following statement does work on my machine.

SQL> r
  1 select 'x' from dual
  2 where '921225' between to_char(next_day(sysdate,'sunday')-2,'yymmdd')

  3*                and     to_char(next_day(sysdate,'sunday'),'yymmdd')

'
-

(it worked on 22-dec-92)

                      Craig