ORACLE - Forms/User Exit Display Problem

From: Russell Mars <mars_at_tellabs.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 1992 23:37:51 GMT

We are developing an application which uses SQL*Forms as a front end to our application programs, most of which are written as user exit routines. It is necessary for the user exits to relay status back to the form in real time. It is also necessary to occasionally 'shell out' back to a unix prompt. When this happens, the tty appears to be left in raw mode.

Is there a way to write to the status line using built in Pro*C functions? Also, is there a simple method of reseting the tty mode to noraw from a user exit, and restoring the old mode? We've tried using ioctl() but have met with mixed and inconsistent results.

The platform we're running is a VAX 5500 running Ultrix 4.2, Oracle 6.0.33, and SQL*Forms 3.0. Thanks. Received on Fri Dec 04 1992 - 00:37:51 CET

Original text of this message