more XA problems

From: Alan Beal <ALANB_at_OWGVM0.VNET.IBM.COM>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 92 15:09:41 EST

Using the 7.0.9 beta version of Oracle XA, we have experienced many problems with invalid cursors using Encina. We eliminated many by specifiying RELEASE_CURSOR=YES during the Pro*C precompile. Now we experience invalid cursors after we get a not found during an update or delete. We already changed our code that used SELECT INTO to use explicit cursors, and now we are doing the same with the update and delete statements. As anyone experience similiar problems and are there any general rules of thumb when working in this environment?

Alan Beal         alanb_at_owgvm0.vnet.ibm.com
                  (607)751-2026