How to avoid confirming error messages in Forms under Motif????

From: Gunther Lehmann <leh_at_harvey.lrs.e-technik.uni-erlangen.de>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1992 17:29:07 GMT

Hi,

I am running an Oracle-Forms (sqlforms30) application on an Ultrix-DEC-station. When I use the character-mode display, all error messages are written out to the bottom line of the window, but need no confirmation. Compared to this, using the bitmap-display (Motif, msqlforms30), every error message is displayed in an extra window and has to be confirmed. My question is:

    Is it possible to avoid the confirmation of each error message     in the bitmap environment?
    I like to have an simple information equal to the character mode. Suppressing the error messages with a filter function, provided by Forms, doesn't work because most of the messages are of the highest severity level. This level can't be supressed.

Thanks in advance for your kind advices

G. Lehmann

e-mail: leh_at_lrs.e-technik.uni-erlangen.de Received on Thu Nov 12 1992 - 18:29:07 CET

Original text of this message