Re: SQL*REP - conditional printing of page header

From: Gv Fragante <fragante_at_unixg.ubc.ca>
Date: 11 Nov 92 01:08:50 GMT

In <fragante.721088791_at_unixg.ubc.ca> fragante_at_unixg.ubc.ca (Gv Fragante) writes:

>How can I make the page header of a report print conditionally ? In my
>application, I have to make a report that does not print the page number on
>the first page, but does so on all succeeding pages (ie. pages > 1).

>Thanks.

I got a reply from a fellow and he came up with a very workable solution.

In essence, you have to define a field and assign it as it's source:

   &SQL Select decode(&Page,1,NULL,&Page) Into :Page_No From Dual

The decode function provides the conditional test whether it is the first page or not.

Hope this helps others. Received on Wed Nov 11 1992 - 02:08:50 CET

Original text of this message