Re: How Can I Have End-Users Use "Ring" Menu Instead of Key Sequences?

From: <hatzinger_m_at_bmwf1f.bmwf.gv.at>
Date: 22 Oct 92 09:08:13 GMT

In article <1992Oct21.143312.25222_at_cbfsb.cb.att.com>, sbrenner_at_cbnewsb.cb.att.com (scott.d.brenner) writes:
> I'm developing a SQL*Forms 3.0 application. I'd like the users to
> be able to use the Lotus-like "ring" menu at the top of the screen
> in addition to the keystokes seen on the [ShowKeys] page. I could
> have sworn I saw something about doing this while scanning some
> manual a few weeks ago. But now that I need to find out how to do
> it, I can't find any references.
>
> Can anyone help me out? All I'm trying to do is display
> (permanently) the ring menu and allow its use. This is the
> one you can get if you hit [Menu] while running a form. It
> shows the following:

Dear Mr Scott !

If you want to show the "ring" menu all the time, you have to do following:

Go to the "Image" menu and modify your page. You have to define your page as a "Pop Up" page with Pagesize 80x20, starting at line 3, because if you don't do that, your Page overlaps the "ring" menu so you normaly can't see it.

kind regards

Mike

                                                                          ^
 Federal Ministry of Science and Research                               B | M
 Computer Center                                                        W | F

 Klaus-Michael Hatzinger            mail: hatzinger_m_at_bmwf1f.bmwf.gv.at   |
 Bankgasse 1/209                   phone: 0043-222-53120/5188             |
 1014 Vienna, Austria                fax: 0043-222-53120/5155             V