orasrv: server already running: Address already in use

From: Peter Steele <peter.steele_at_acadiau.ca>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1992 15:56:32 GMT

This error occurs when orasrv, the oracle kernel daemon, is shutdown and the restart command is issued to soon after the shutdown. Waiting a couple of minutes usually solves the problem. However, we occasional get a situation where orasrv gets confused and will issue this error indefinitely. The only way we've discovered to clear this error is by rebooting, which isn't desirable on a production machine.

Has anyone seen this error, where Oracle gets confused and won't let you restart orasrv?

--
Peter Steele        Unix Services Manager            peter.steele_at_acadiau.ca
Acadia Univ., Wolfville, NS, Canada B0P 1X0  902-542-2201  Fax: 902-542-4364