more info about: Re: Which DEC/Ultrix box to pick?

From: Dave Lange <cintra4_at_milton.u.washington.edu>
Date: 13 Sep 92 16:54:29 GMT

In article <1992Sep13.044653.2579_at_u.washington.edu> cintra4_at_milton.u.washington.edu (Dave Lange) writes: This paragraph was left out of my message, sorry. I have chosen Oracle for a database to hold 500M to 1.5G of data for querying, not transactions or dataentry. It will be used by a maximum of 5 users at a time. I originally intended to use oracl.nlm on a dedicated netware server. The hardware was to be an EISA based 486DX2-66 with 17M, an Adaptec 1740 SCSI contro and a 32 bit ethernet board.