Re: Approach for Windows - SQL*Net

From: <bill_at_chaos.cs.umn.edu>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 1992 19:26:00 GMT

In <1992Aug29.000555.26641_at_csus.edu> byron_at_sfsuvax1.sfsu.edu (Byron Chun) writes:

>Has anyone used Approach for Windows to "approach" an Oracle server?

>I an having trouble doing this - namely, what's required? The
>documentation is not clear. I have a MS-Lan Manager workstation
>with local Oracle 6.0 installed, TCP/IP for MS-DOS 1.1.6 (or something)
>3Com 3C501 and 3C503 boards. How do I tell the SQLTCP task what my
>IP address is? Is this necessary? I have not been able to get SQLPlus
>to talk to another host yet. What am I missing?

does your init.ora have the line , oh whats that line ?? i ('m trying to recall from memory) task = 'sqlnet' something. darn i can't remember it. but it should be in the book (sqlnet) this is for setting the default as to some place other than the local machine. otherwise use the startup parameters:

see the sqlplus users guide ch 23 (the old book), or the sql lang ref (new book) pg 5-50, 6-20,6-21; or 2-6. see also the sqlnet (tcpip) 2-4 sqlplus scott/tiger_at_mach_name:sid

bill 'my brain is so full my head is empty' pociengel

--
bill_at_chaos.cs.umn.edu