Object-Referencing Strategies

From: <la_at_datani.dk>
Date: 3 Sep 92 15:26:35 GMT

Hello Oracle-folks.

Anybody have strategies for using Object-Referencing in Application-Development using SQLFORMS 3.0.

We have made a datadictionary, so it will be easy to update or distribute databases, but how to make it easy to maintain applications with many forms, facilities and relations.

Object-Referencing is a way (as far as I can see) to ensure that changes will be reflected in the whole system, and as so just what I want.

But the manual SQLFORMS (Designers Ref.) is very limited with information around the use.

So I want to know:

  1. When is it a good idea ?. Advantages.
    • library forms???
    • for blocks
    • for fields
    • for triggers, procedures.
  2. Drawbacks.
  3. Experiences.
Lone Aalekjaer               E-mail:         la_at_datani.dk
Datani A/S
Copenhagen, Denmark