Re: Oracle7 userids

From: John Galt <kml_at_cellar.org>
Date: 2 Sep 92 12:57:06 GMT

pihlab_at_hhcs.gov.au writes:

> Under Oracle6 when you revoke all access for a user there is no easy
> way of actually removing them completely from the database ie they still
> appear in the DBA_USERS table as a valid but inactive user.
>
> Has this changed under Oracle7 ?
>
> --
>
> Bruce... pihlab _at_ hhcs.gov.au
> ^^
>
> PS. Someone please post a followup to this news group so I know that my

Not only can you DROP USER in V7, you can also drop all their objects automatically via the DROP USER x CASCADE command. See Volume II, page 18-17 of the V7 Developers Version DBA Guide. This command gets rid of the user's old account completely.

kml.

       As a matter of fact, no, I don't have a life.   kml%cellar_at_tredysvr.tredydev.unisys.com - My other account is a Mercedes. Received on Wed Sep 02 1992 - 14:57:06 CEST

Original text of this message