Report process so large it gets killed

From: Lynn Osburn <losburn_at_teal.csn.org>
Date: 1 Sep 92 15:37:21 GMT

Running under AIX 3.1.x on RS/6000, 16M, 40M swap, Oracle 6.0.31.x.x;

We have run into difficulty while running a SQL*ReportWriter report. The report has two "IN" clauses. If we provide it with more than about 5 values for the "IN" clauses AIX takes over and kills the process because paging space is too low. This usually occurs about 1 minute and fifteen seconds into the run, and all is lost.

Does anyone know a way to limit the resources that SQL*ReportWriter can use, or a way to tell AIX not to kill the process. We need to run several of these reports at once, but due to the fact that we can not even run one to completion we are stuck!

Aside from rewrite the report, specific examples of reconfiguring our machine, or Oracle would be appreciated. Received on Tue Sep 01 1992 - 17:37:21 CEST

Original text of this message