Approach for Windows - SQL*Net

From: Byron Chun <byron_at_sfsuvax1.sfsu.edu>
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 1992 00:05:55 GMT

Has anyone used Approach for Windows to "approach" an Oracle server?

I an having trouble doing this - namely, what's required? The documentation is not clear. I have a MS-Lan Manager workstation with local Oracle 6.0 installed, TCP/IP for MS-DOS 1.1.6 (or something) 3Com 3C501 and 3C503 boards. How do I tell the SQLTCP task what my IP address is? Is this necessary? I have not been able to get SQLPlus to talk to another host yet. What am I missing?

Very Frustrated in San Francisco... :<

--
                                  | My employer will allow me to have |