Oracle in Financial Instuitions (Banks, Insurance & Investment houses)

From: Tony Jambu <aaj_at_cmutual.com.au>
Date: 17 Aug 92 01:19:44 GMT

Dear Oracle Sites,

I am trying to contact any Banking, Insurance or Investment sites; in particular any Investment houses. We are an Insurance company with a substantial investment area.

Are there any such sites out there that use Oracle? If you know of any such sites, I would appreciate if you could email me either an Internet name/address or a contact person/number. Even a company name will do.

If you are such a site, these are some of my questions:

  1. What is your company's name?
  2. What line of business does your company deal in (Banking, Insurance and Investment)?
  3. Where are you based at?
  4. How big is your company?
  5. How big is you IT department?
  6. Does Oracle play a major or minor part in your company's IT strategy.
  7. What do you use Oracle for (Decision Support, OLTP, R&D or evaluating it)?
  8. Are your application written in-house?
  9. How long has your company been using Oracle?
  10. What type of platforms (hardware and Op/sys) does your company use ?
  11. do you exchange information between your Oracle database and others?
  12. What are you experiences with Oracle? Good or bad and why?

Any replies would be greatly appreciated.

 _____       ________ / ____ |Tony Jambu, Database Administrator
  /_  __       /_ __ /       |Colonial Mutual Life Australia. (ACN 004021809)
 /(_)/ ((_/ \_/(///(/_)/_(   |EMAIL:  TJambu_at_cmutual.com.au