Embedded SQL WHENEVER NOT FOUND problem

From: Al Parker <al_at_cvgis.prime.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1992 13:32:15 GMT

Greetings,
I am finding that in certain usage of the Pro*C precompiler with 'mode=ansi13' and the following code:

EXEC SQL WHENEVER NOT FOUND GOTO :c_statement1; EXEC SQL WHENEVER SQLERROR GOTO :c_statement2;

EXEC SQL EXECUTE IMMEDIATE :sql_statement;

the Pro*C precompiler does not generate a check for the NOT FOUND condition after the EXECUTE IMMEDIATE. (It does correctly generate the check for the SQLERROR condition.)

The work-around is to perform the check explicitly:

if( sqlca.sqlcode == 100 ) goto c_statement1;

but it would be nice if the WHENEVER worked as documented.

Has anyone else encountered this problem ?

Al Parker, P.Eng, Sr Software Engineer - Computervision GIS
al_at_cvgis.prime.com	(416)508-8020(x881)
These opinions are my own and not those of my compnay.