Summary-Changing DB Block Size

From: Gary R Meyers <dbsgrm_at_Arco.COM>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 1992 13:55:44 GMT

Thanks to all who responded to my request for information on changing db block size.

The number of responses 6- 5 with information, and one other person in the same position as I.

4 of the five responses were from oracle users. 2 said don't change the size, and two suggesting checking other parameters and changing the block size last.

The final respondent was from the Houston Oracle office. He spent a good while on the phone with me, answered questions, and provided good suggestions. He also faxed information from a talk given on exactly this subject at the 1988 Oracle International Users Conference, Dallas, Tx, 1988. There were 15 pages of information (overheads), which is too much to refax, so if others are interested, I suggest you contact your Oracle support folks.

--

* Gary Meyers gary.meyers_at_merlin.edm.arco.com
* ARCO Exploration &