more valuable audit information needed

From: Dale Cooper <cooper_at_beno.CSS.GOV>
Date: 29 Jun 92 20:44:40 GMT

Greetings Fellow Oracle Slaves:

Without writing system-level programs, is there any way to trap the number of CPU minutes a user consumes in a single login session? I have been using the wonderful audit capabilities of the Oracle kernal but from what I have seen thusfar it doesn't keep track of this statistic. The statistics that audit maintains are very low level. Oracle does seem to monitor IO, cache hit information and other goodies but these are all "maintained" in the SYS-owned V$ dynamic tables. Is there any way that one can capture these statistics without spooling the monitor screens?

I know, I know...so many questions...so little time.

Any helpful hints appreciated.

Dale Cooper, DBA
Center for Seismic Studies
Arlington, VA cooper_at_seismo.css.gov Received on Mon Jun 29 1992 - 22:44:40 CEST

Original text of this message