Oracle tuning???

From: Andres Pavez <epavez_at_tortel.dcc.uchile.cl>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1992 14:11:53 GMT

During an Oracle's test (Oracle V.6) happened:

A program written in Ada put a set of SQL operation (insert, select) in an Oracle database,
in sequence, "operation is:" 4(four) insert and then 5(five) select. The time to complete the operation was recording and I obtain a rare behaviour of the Oracle database:

operation time 1.97
operation time 2.10
operation time 1.98
operation time 2.11
operation time 2.22
operation time 2.28
operation time 7.50 ???????????

I run a lot of test like that and obtain similar traces and I detected the problem is Oracle, but I don't know what is it exactly. May be a tuning problem?

Somebody could help me?

Thanks. Received on Tue Jun 16 1992 - 16:11:53 CEST

Original text of this message