Oracle and Oracle*Terminal

From: Neil Greene <deepthought!neil_at_ms.uky.edu>
Date: Wed, 27 May 1992 15:19:25 GMT

I am wondering how other Oracle system administrators are handling oracle on unix platforms when accessed from different terminal types (i.e. macintosh, pc, vt100, vt220, tvi910p, extended and non-extended keyboards).

I am familiar with ora*term and setting and changing keyboard mappings. But how are dbas administrating these changes during the login procedures under unix? Using shell scripts and variables? Using type checking to insure that a terminal type entered is definded by the os and/or oracle? Etc. Etc.

--
Neil Greene
ARCI, Inc.