Re: True novice doubt SQL*Forms 3.0...

From: Philip Hall 283-4031 <hall_at_orion.NoSubdomain.NoDomain>
Date: 18 Mar 1992 16:21:45 GMT

In article <1992Mar17.043828.28863_at_ra.msstate.edu>, sk3_at_ra.msstate.edu (Sudhir Kolli) writes:

|> Hi,
|>
|> I am a novice to SQL*Forms 3.0 designing.
|>
|> I am having a problem whenever I try to create a new form.
|> ( I couldn't create even a single one till now.)
|>
|> I enter into Forms..
|> Select Action menu..
|> Select New option..
|> Enter the form name I want to create in the dialog box..
|> Now!! I am getting the error message
|> "ORA 00942: Table or view doesn't exist."
|>
|> First, why should that table be there??
|> ( I am just trying to create some form with any name..)
|>
|> Second, I entered the table name also..But it didn't work..
|>
|> I will really appriciate any responses for this problem..
|>
|> Thanks.
|>

|> -Sudhir Kolli.
|>
|> sk3_at_ra.msstate.edu

The table it can't find is probably the system table which conatins names of forms and other info about the form. There are SQL scripts which come with Forms 3.0 which create views of these tables and grant access to them. If you are using a system which has a DBA, you should ask him/her to give you access rights. If you are on your own, I believe there are instructions for doing this in the installation guide but I can't lay my hands on a copy of it right at the moment.

Philip Hall Received on Wed Mar 18 1992 - 17:21:45 CET

Original text of this message