Re: Pro*C and #line directives

From: Olli Mikkonen <omikko_at_cs.joensuu.fi>
Date: 6 Mar 92 16:01:33 GMT

rwm26_at_YP.sparcm1 (Ron McCamish) writes:

> With CodeCenter (was Saber) newest version, 3.1.1, reading and understanding
> C preprocessor code is supported thru the use of #line directives. But,
> does Pro*C generate #line directives? I didn't see anything in the
> Precompiler Prog. Guide or in the Pro*C suppl. manuals.
>
> Is there a way to generate the #line directives? Thru pcc. Or has anyone
> written a tool to do this by hand?

No, there is no way to generate #line directives with Pro*C 1.3. You might want to try some hack with m4. For example, define ";" so that m4 thinks it has added/deleted some lines and adds #line directives and precompile your program with m4 BEFORE you precompile it with Pro*C. maybe
define(`;', `
;
')
would do (don't know, haven't tried it).

> I'm running Pro*C 1.3. Does 1.4 support #line directives maybe?
>
> BTW, CodeCenter is awesome integrated prog. env. for C used to develop
> test, debug, and maintain C programs in a Unix env. It is written
> by CenterLine Software.

> thanks,
>
> ron....

>---