Re: oracle training

From: Byron Muntyan <muntyan_at_csusac.csus.edu>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 92 07:23:12 GMT

The question was "What do you think of Oracle training?"

Two weeks ago I took the Oracle Architecture and Administration class in Sacramento, CA. The class was taught by an Oracle trainer in a local training facility. I had basically no hands-on experience with Oracle before the class though I am supposed to be the Oracle DBA :-(. I thought that the class was well organized and well presented. The architecture part is very technical and in-depth. The admin portion seemed very pratical and was pretty straight forward. The class workbooks were not nearly as good as the ones I had in my Hewlett-Packard Unix classes. They are several years old and have some errors in them.

The trainer had very good technical background and either knew the answers to our questions or got them for us the next day. I'm glad I went, I'll benefit from the training.

Byron Muntyan
Calif Dept of Fish and Game Received on Thu Feb 27 1992 - 08:23:12 CET

Original text of this message