Re: Using DROP TABLESPACE INCLUDING CONTENTS

From: Mary Kay Petersen <mkay_at_sequent.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 92 18:33:29 GMT

dprmcb_at_inetg1.ARCO.COM (Marianne C Brooks) writes:

>In article <1992Jan24.152527.39_at_hhcs.gov.au>, pihlab_at_hhcs.gov.au writes:
>> Yes it should work BUT I have had problems with the INCLUDING CONTENTS
>> option
>> under V6.0.30 when a "non-active" rollback segment was in the tablespace.
>> The
>> end result being an unrecoverable database with massive block corruption.
>> > Luckily we had a recent backup and the loss of a dya of data on this
>> database
>> was not crucial (simply reentered by users). I tend to shy away from
>> that
>> option these days.
>>

>Would this problem be eliminated if you had a tablespace
>devoted to containing your rollback segments? I believe this
>is what ORACLE recommends.

>Any thoughts out there?

>Marianne Brooks

We dedicate a tablespace for rollback segments AND temporary segments (ie. ROLLTEMP). All users defined in the database have their temporary tablespace set to "ROLLTEMP". All rollback segments are created in "ROLLTEMP". It's a great way of limiting fragmentation to one tablespace. Received on Fri Jan 24 1992 - 19:33:29 CET

Original text of this message