Nexus 5 goes into infinite loop and does not start even after fixing shutdown/start button

From: Mohammed Imran <imrandec85_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Feb 2016 08:36:24 -0800 (PST)

I upgraded to Lollipop recently and I had a problem where my phone kept automatically restarting. I gave it a day and the next day I wasn't able to turn it on at all! When I put my phone on charge, the automatic restart happened but no luck in powering my device on.

I visited a LG service center at Himayatnagar, Hyderabad and I was told that the issue is due to power button and replacing it would solve the problem but fixing button did not solve issue and service center representative informed that motherboard had crashed and it was due to the lollipop update. Later I read about the same on various other forums about the exact issue as well.

I've been asked to pay Rs.8140 to fix the motherboard problem. I'm wondering why I should shell out so much for absolutely no fault of mine! Unfortunately my phone is not on warranty.

Could you guide me on how to resolve the problem as I do not want to spend 8140 again.

Thanks,
Imran. Received on Mon Feb 29 2016 - 17:36:24 CET

Original text of this message