How to monitor OCI client on application server

From: <ready4mls_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2015 11:49:02 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

We are using Oracle 11g. We have RAC and we are using OCI client for communication. To monitor the database server, we have a number of tools - pmon, grid monitor, netcool alerts, etc.

What are the recommended ways to monitor the thick client? Does Oracle provide anything out of the box, or are their third-party tools available?

Most of our applications are in Java, and we can use JMX stats exposed by UCP (Universal connection pool). We can also use some spy driver to get hold of SQL statements, etc. But the performance impact of spy driver may not be good enough. So I am hoping if OCI client itself can give us some stats, it will be useful to monitor.

Thanks. Received on Mon Mar 02 2015 - 20:49:02 CET

Original text of this message