Re: Getting Ora 12203 when connecting from Discoverer

From: <demlaip_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2012 00:46:13 -0800 (PST)

[Quoted] Yes it worked as:-

Initially we have issue where Oracle 9i client was already installed on the system. Then we tried to install Discoverer 4.1.37 Desktop edition on the same system. After settling up Multiple Homes issue,Dsicoverer desktop got installed perrfectly. But after that we were getting ORA-12203 : unable to connect to destination Error.

So deal with this, we Just changed the Environment Variable value for attribute: Oracle_Home: <Discoverer folder path>.
And its Also called TNS_ADMIN, as it tells the system where the TNS entried can be found for whole system.

And its located at:

My computer > (right click> Properties)>Advanced tAB >ENVIRONMENT Variables > User VAriables at Top> Oracle_Home attribute.

After pointing this Variable to your discoverer folder path.

Discoverer can connect normally to any server in tns entries. Received on Wed Dec 05 2012 - 09:46:13 CET

Original text of this message