Does Oracle provide public Symbol Files (PDB) for OCCI/OCI?

From: Martin B. <0xCDCDCDCD_at_gmx.at>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 17:04:45 +0200

Note: Original question here:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6490741/does-oracle-provide-public-symbol-files-pdb-for-occi-oci

Answers via SO appreciated although I am happy to reply here as well.

When debugging an application under Windows (with Visual Studio or WinDBG) that makes use of OC[C]I it would often be convenient if there be symbol files (PDB files) for the Oracle OCI/OCCI libraries. (public symbol files, just as Microsoft makes available for all system libraries)

Does Oracle provide these?

Note: These public symbol files would be especially welcome for the Oracle libraries because we did have a few crashes where the call stack was inside on of the oci/occi libraries and it does appear that the (probably optimization) settings used to produce these DLLs effectively prevent Visual Studio from displaying any usable call stack for a user dump when inside these libs.

As a further clarification to the previous paragraph: This doesn't imply a crash in the OCCI libs. It just means if one thread happens to be inside an OCCI call and a user dump is generated (for whatever reason - could be generated on demand for any running application), the call stack for this thread is (at least semi-) messed up. Therefore public symbol files would come in extremely handy.

cheers,
Martin

--
I'm here to learn, you know.