Re: NLS_LANG

From: Maxim Demenko <mdemenko_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 23:04:05 +0200

Gerard H. Pille schrieb:

> Maxim Demenko schreef:

>> Gerard H. Pille schrieb:
>>> Is there any way to determine the NLS_LANG of a client using SQL or
>>> PL/SQL.
>>>
>>> sys_context('USERENV','LANGUAGE') gives the database characterset,
>>> not the clients.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Gerard
>>
>> For local connections ( also using bequeth protocol) you can get the
>> environment variables with dbms_system.get_env procedure.
>>
>> Best regards
>>
>> Maxim
>>

> Alas, we want to check if all PC's have been correctly configured, even
> all clients.

[Quoted] As far as i know, it can't be done from within the Oracle server. I guess, it should be done by os means, another difficulty may be in the term environment *variable*, i.e., it can be changed every time by the client.

Best regards

Maxim

--
Why make things difficult, when it is possible to make them cryptic
and totally illogical, with just a little bit more effort?

Aksel Peter Jørgensen