Oracle, PL/SQL and Web Services with Tomcat Tutorial

From: S R <sr_ng_at_duz.not.exist.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 15:27:11 +0000

Is there any tutorial/documentation on building a ground up application using Oracle (10g) back end, where PL/SQL procedure are exposed as Web Services via Tomcat which are then called by a Java application/front end.

I know this can be done (fairly easily) with JDeveloper and OC4J, but I want to try Tomcat.

Alternatively, it is true that Web Services can be implemented/exposed directly inside the database with 11g, in a similar way as APEX on 11g doesn't require OHS? Received on Wed Feb 25 2009 - 16:27:11 CET

Original text of this message