Re: XML problem... Please help..

From: Lee <leeh_at_panix.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 15:34:25 -0500

NavEEd wrote:
> Hi There
>
> I received XML doc's from a customer. I'm looking for a simple way to
> extract the structure so I can create a set of tables based on the
> documents. Then I need to load the data from the docs into the tables.
>
> I'm a little overwhelmed on the amount of information that's out there
> and can't seem to find what I need to do this relatively simple task.
>
> I'm PL/SQL developer as well as a background in Perl.
>
> Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
You'll want to get hold of the Xml Database Developer's Guide... try tahiti.oracle.com and/or technet.oracle.com

Look particularly at the xml datatype (its chapt 4 n the xml database developer's guide).

Find out about the xml data type's "Extract" method and of course, we expect you know all about how to formulate an "XPATH" expression, right?

If not, not to worry, GOOGLE will take you to as many XPATH tutorials as you can stand.

You also want to read the XML DB REPOSITORY stuff.

Good hunting! Received on Mon Feb 23 2009 - 21:34:25 CET

Original text of this message